On Thursday during class we went to the Museum of Art in the PCAC to see Chris Jordan's Running the Numbers exhibit. The focus for his work was sustainability and using photoshop to create images that were very large and in your face. I enjoyed this exhibit because it was fun to look for all the different objects in the photographs. I liked how each smaller object or series of objects created something larger within the image. I thought it was creative how he created some really great images using hundreds of smaller images.
I think that his work is successful because at first you see one larger image but as you look closer at each image you see that it's made up of hundreds of smaller ones. In order to see all the aspects of his images, you have to walk up close to the piece and really look at it. I think he is trying to tell us that we have to look at everything we do, close up, especially in regards to sustainability. Everything we do affects our planet and our environment and if we are only looking at the big picture, we won't be able to see how each little part of our daily lives, affects how long planet Earth will be able to sustain us.
Here are some examples of his work:
I really enjoyed looking at his work and the sort of over-stimulation aspect of these large images.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Carly this is a great example of a thoughtful and articulate response that I look for from a blog response.
Post a Comment