Thursday, February 23, 2012
Tierney Gearon "A Mother's Project"
I absolutely loved this documentary. I love when artists make a documentary that is very truthful and honest. The ones where they don't try to hide their struggles, frustrations, successes, etc. I think that Gearon went through some similar issues that photographers go through when photographing children. I think that Gearon's work is beautiful and compelling. I liked seeing her interact with her mother in many different situations. I can only imagine how difficult it can be to deal with someone who has some type of social disorder but I think that Gearon worked well with her mother and was able to capture so many different aspects of her personality. I liked how raw the documentary was and how it didn't seem like they were making the family do something just for the sake of making a good film. I especially liked that Gearon wasn't afraid to show her vulnerability, snippets of her childhood and her true working environment to the viewer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment