Monday, January 31, 2011

12 hours [Part 1]

Thursday, January 27th.

 3:30pm: Coffee, absolutely necessary.
4:30pm: History of Photography, movie, "Born In Brothels"
 5:30pm: Dinner?
 6:30pm: Art Education for Secondary Level: Amy.
7:30pm: Art Education for Secondary Level: The paper we were going to read during class.... but got severely sidetracked.

 8:30ish: Ironically, the time on my cellphone doesn't match what the file for this photo says?
 9pm ish: FINALLY done with the first of many long Thursdays.
11ish pm: Beer, clearly. 
Apparently, with the amazing Bluegrass music I was listening to and all of my friends there with me, I lost track of time and didn't take a 10pm picture. Huh.
 12am: I think it's obvious.
 1230-1ish: Those are not all mine.

 2ish am: Christmas Gift
2:30ish am: Bed. A mess, as always.


Clearly, these pictures don't describe my TYPICAL day, but considering on Thursdays I have classes from 9:40am until 9pm, basically straight through, I'd say this will be how my Thursday's will be for the semester.

5 comments:

Amanda Markell said...

Pineapples soaked in vodka was my favorite- the close up shot worked well showing the texture in the pineapple.

Mike Joslin said...

my favorite is "4:30pm: History of Photography, movie, "Born In Brothels"
it gives a story of hey I'm going to take notes, followed by no notes...

Anonymous said...

the 730PM shot in art-ed class was my favorite. great use of short depth of field. i like that you focused in on the header of the text, leaving all the actually text blurred out.

Brittany Verville said...

5pm: so ready to be done with class.

I enjoyed this image out of all of them due to the composition. For me, if you look at it too quickly, you dont fully appreciate that it's out of a window, and could just as easily just assume you took it outside.

as for the remainder of the images, I think that you could really work on composition, and taking more time to think about what you want to compose. Taking 4 pictures of your cell phone isnt truly a day in your life i assume, and you could push things futher.

Anonymous said...

Born into Brothels i like the most. Good composition. The color is a bit warm though. As for the series, it would have been nice to have variation at bluegrass instead of 3 same shot photos or beer.

Post a Comment